Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Tubes are In!!

After a long morning at the surgery center we are home. Joey did awesome. Not one whine or cry out of him. He went back to the operating room by himself and it took a whole whopping 10 minutes before the doctor came out and told us they were done. He got a tube in only the left ear. By the time we got back to the recovery room he was talking the nurses ear off!! She even asked if he was always that chatty. Nope, he's not - just drugged I think. But, as soon as I talked to him he told me he could hear me better. Whooo Hooo!! We got back home and the boys crashed hard in my bed!!




I was able to get many things accomplished while they slept. I had bought an old tray last week at Good Will for like .79. It was burgandy and had legs on it. It seemed like something i could do something with. So, I attempted to distress it - not so good. So, then I was gonna paint it white - again nope. Finally decided on black - my new solution to everything!! And, a small stenciling on it.


Yes, it is in my laundry room. My thinking is that if I have this on the dryer mayber I won't let things pile up there. The bowl is for change or whatever else comes out of pockets and the candle - well - you know!! Candles go everywhere!! The gold stenciling on the tray is my favorite!! I think I may do a couple of these on the wall and put a black frame around it. We will see.



Also, I had found some tall and I mean TALL candle holders at Hobby Lobby for like $5 each. They weren't exactly the right color. Here they are before:



Pretty stinken white!!




And then here they are after:







With my new favorite color and answer for everything!! The height on the table is great!!



Oh, and look at this!! Did you know that it is nearly impossible to find a pretty garbage can. Seriously - nobody makes them!! So, again at hobby lobby - they had a ton of stuff on clearance!! I found this brown planter. It goes perfectly in my bathroom with the new curtain I made and the other browns in the room. I love it!!







I'm off to make cookies for the kiddo's. I am feeling inspired and may tackle that stenciling in the laundry room - maybe. ;-) Thanks for stopping in!!



Love Always,


No comments:

Post a Comment